Adult Programs Referral/Funding Process

In order to enroll in Community Link’s Adult Programs (Developmental Training, CILA, Intermittent CILA or Adult Home Based Supports and Services), waiver funding through the Illinois Department of Human Services must be secured. To start this process a person must be registered on the PUNS (Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services).

To register on the PUNS, contact your service coordination agency for your county.

  • Clinton County:  Southern Illinois Case Coordination Services; 1-800-828-7422
  • Madison/St. Clair Counties:  Developmental Disability Services of Metro East; 618-236-7957

 You will receive a letter from the Department of Human Services when you are selected from the PUNS.  You will then contact your service coordinating agency to begin the process of selecting a provider of services. When researching a provider, we suggest you do the following:

Call for a tour:  Meet with the provider and tour their agency. Be sure to meet and tour more than one agency so you know you are making the right decision for you. To tour Community Link, call 526-8800. 

Bring your list of questions:  Be sure to write down all of the questions you have about how the services will be delivered and be sure to talk about what is important to you.

Survey Results:  Ask to see survey results; who provides oversight to the agency; how does the agency ensure quality services?

 For more information about the PUNS process, visit the Illinois Department of Human Services website at:

 For more information about Community Link’s programs, contact the Intake Coordinator at 618-526-8800.